Simpson Strong-Tie RCKW5.5S-R10 - 5.5" Kneewall Connector Stiffener (Qty-10)
The Simpson Strong-Tie RCKW rigid connectors have been developed to resist overturning moment at the base of exterior kneewalls and parapets as well as interior partial-height walls. The RCKWS is a heavy 7-gauge stiffener that nests onto the RCKW clip. The screw holes and anchor holes in the stiffener line up with those in the RCKW clip making fastener and anchor installation a snap. The RCKW clip and RCKWS stiffener are sold separately.
- Anchorage legs incorporate stiffened flanges improving overturning moment resistance
- Large-diameter anchor hole accommodates 1/2"-diameter concrete screws and wedge anchors such as the Titen HD heavy-duty screw and the Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchor
- For the RCKWS: 7-gauge stiffeners are secured to the RCKW clip with screws optimizing overturning moment resistance and stiffness
- RCKW and RCKWS: 171 mil (7 ga.) 33 ksi
- Use all specified screw fasteners.
- When using the RCKWS secure the stiffener to the clip with the specified screw fasteners.
- Use all specified anchors. To achieve tabulated stiffness values the installation torque for 1/2"-diameter anchors shall be at least 17 ft.-lb.
- For installation of the RCKW with 2x6 wood framing members reference Simpson Strong-Tie engineering letter RCKW Kneewall Connector for Wood Framing (L-C-RCKW2X6WD).